Saturday, August 05, 2006

Paper Doll House

Tonight after work I went to a scrapbooking retreat. Mary Kim used to have a house in Downers Grove called Paper Doll House. She recently purchased a new mansion in Sycamore and is rennovating it for a scrapbook retreat for up to 12 guests. I was eager to scrap after recently deciding I was going to try to attend CK-U in Houston in September.

I called MK late Thursday night and she said she had an opening for Friday. As soon as I could get there I joined the weekend scrappers. I had missed high tea at 4, but MK saved me some scones and brownie bites. I set up my table and started scrapping. Shortly she gave me a tour of the beautiful house. The architecture is amazing and the amount of original items still in the house makes your head swim. Gas ports for gas lights on the porch? Just fascinating.

My favorite part of the whole house is the attic. It's as big as the entire house and was used for ballroom dancing many years ago. There is an amazing view from the porch off of the attic as well. I loved getting to see the house!

www.thepaperdollhouse.com

Dinner was chicken piccata with fresh Italian bread and asparagus. Yum! Later on she made bananas foster and served it with vanilla ice cream. Some coffee around 10 kept me awake until midnight when I started to pack up.

I just about finished the album for my Dad that I had been working on since before Father's Day. I have a few more finishing touches to add and a touch-up or two as well. It should be ready by tomorrow for sure if I can spend a little more time on it.

The moon was so beautiful in the night sky on the way home. Surprisingly I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be driving home. I listened to my favorite CD of Sarah Brightman - Eden. It's hard to explain - when you get the things you need in life you just feel complete in a way that defies words.

No comments:

Post a Comment